All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals. However, if you think your child may be eligable for Pupil Premium funding it is still important to register them so they can recieve funded support in other areas.
Children in KS2
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please speak to our office staff to find out more.