The History of our School
The original school building dates back to 1833 when the school, under the direction of the Church of England Diocese of Oxford, provided education for the children of Theale.
West Berkshire Education Authority now maintains the school and provides for its running costs. The Church maintains its influence in the school by the appointment of Foundation Governors nominated by the Diocese with the support of Theale Parochial Church Council.
As the school has grown over the years there has been a need to extend the building to accommodate the growing number of children in the school.
After nearly two centuries our lovely school still stands next door to the church in the centre of the village and enjoys the respect and popularity of the local community. It has been extended to provide a hall, seven classrooms, a foundation unit, an ASD and LAL resource, a library and an ICT suite. There is a large playground, access to playing fields and a garden.
In March 2014 we were designated a Teaching School, a National Support School and our Head teacher a National Leader of Education. This is in recognition of our outstanding work in our school and as leading improvement in other schools locally and nationally.